Recipe for Funeral Potatoes – Im not sure where they get their name, but they sure are tasty! And they dont have to be served at funerals either.
- 32 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine melted
- Grease 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl combine soups, sour cream, cheese, onions, and the 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Gently fold hash browns into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and the 2 Tbs. of melted butter and sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
You can use cubed potatoes instead of hash browns but you will need to increase baking time to 55 minutes.
Photo: Mark Manguerra
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com