Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Fries – Crispy chicken fries with a hint of zesty buffalo sauce, perfect for dipping into fresh bleu cheese.
- 1 very large boneless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 & ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Bleu Cheese
- Cut the chicken into thin slices, about ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Melt the butter, buffalo sauce, and cayenne pepper in a small saucepan on medium low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir to combine and turn heat off.
- Marinade the chicken in the buffalo sauce (ideally, for 30 minutes or longer.)
- Mix together the paprika and panko crumbs. [br][br]
- Dip the chicken pieces in the flour, then in the egg, and then in the panko crumbs. Coat them generously in each.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. (360-375 degrees is best for frying)- A cast iron skillet is ideal but not necessary.
- In batches, cook the chicken on each side for about 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set on paper towels to drain away excess grease.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo: Foodista
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com