This is a side dish that is worthy of being called comfort food! The brown sugar-butter-soy sauce mixture that you pour over the beans is what gives this dish such a great flavor.
- 5 (15-ounce) cans green beans, drained (note: you can substitute a similar amount of frozen green beans, about 4 (12-ounce) bags, thawed, or you can use fresh green beans, too)
- 12 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 7 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained green beans in a 9×13″ baking pan.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan on your stove top or in a microwave on a microwave-safe plate until bacon strips are cooked enough to chop into large pieces (they should be done, but not real crispy).
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the green beans. Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Pour this mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with almonds and serve.
Photo: Lori L. Stalteri
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com