Tender chicken in a mildly spicy chipotle sauce, surrounded by all of your south-of-the-border favorites inside a soft and cheesy flour tortilla.
- 1 (17 oz) pkg Charlie’s Pride Chicken Chipotle
- 1 small pkg of your favorite Mexican style rice mix
- ½ cup canned black beans (rinsed with hot water and drained)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 3 (10″) flour tortillas
- cooking oil
- 6 slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 3 Romaine lettuce leaves (washed and dried)
- 1 Roma tomato (diced)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Prepare rice according to package directions. Place 1½ cups of cooked rice in a medium bowl and gently fold in beans and cilantro.
- Place tortillas on a lightly oiled baking sheet and place 2 slices of cheese in the center of each. Bake in top half of oven for 3-4 minutes. Remove sheet and let cool for 1 minute. Heat Charlie’s Pride Chicken Chipotle according to package directions, set aside.
- Place one lettuce leaf in the bottom ⅔ of each tortilla, leaving a 1″ border of tortilla along bottom and sides. Spread rice mixture evenly over each leaf.
- Place heated chicken over rice, then top with diced tomatoes, still keeping the tortilla edges free. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up and partially over filling, fold in the two side edges toward the center, then roll the burrito tightly away from you to finish. Serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: CharliesPride.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com