Recipe for Garlic Shrimp – The garlicky, spicy shrimp is just amazing, and all-in-all this is a very healthy way to cook shrimp. I served it with wild rice and steamed veggies, it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Red Chile Oil (recipe follows)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 c. olive oil
- 6 dried chiles de arbol, lightly toasted and crushed
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp in a cazuela or an ovenproof casserole and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle olive oil over shrimp, add crushed garlic, and toss to coat. Roast in the oven until pink and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle generously with Red Chile Oil and sprinkle with thyme. Serve with crusty bread.
- Blend all ingredients including the thyme leaves in a blender until smooth.. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
Recipe and Photo: Cast Sugar