Recipe for Sauteed Mushrooms – This is one of the easiest and most yummy ways to enjoy your mushrooms. Delicious as a side, an appetizer, or added to a salad.
- 1-2 pounds mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half.
- Dry red drinking wine (optional)
- As many garlic cloves as you like, diced
- Onion, as much as you like, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice in half.
- In a large skillet, put in a sizeable piece of butter. Melt and add onions. Cook onions until just starting to brown.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir. Add in the fresh diced garlic when the mushrooms look like they are beginning to wilt a bit and starting to cook.
- Drizzle a little of the wine over the mushrooms and cook until the wine has evaporated and the onions have begun to carmelize. Season with salt and pepper as desired.