Recipe for Supreme Nutella Crepes – Crepes can be either savory or sweet. The following recipe uses Nutella (a chocolate hazelnut spread) as the filling, although any other sweet filling will also work with this recipe.
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- Nutella, take as much as you like
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sliced bananas
- Whipped cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves
- Mini chocolate chips
- Sliced chocolate bar
- Softened butter
- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until batter is smooth, it's okay to have a few lumps..
- Add in melted butter.
- Let batter rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a 5 to 6-inch round skillet or frying pan over medium-low to medium heat until very hot.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove the pan from the flame and add a dab of butter. The butter should sizzle when it hits the pan. Quickly rotate the pan to distribute the butter.
- Add a tablespoon or two of batter. Quickly rotate the pan to cover the pan bottom with the crepe batter.
- Return the pan to the flame and cook until the top of the crepe looks dry and the underside is light golden.
- Flip the crepe and cook for a few seconds more. The underside does not need to be browned, but it should be dry. Some cooks omit this step, and if a cook decides to do this, make sure the top side of the crepe is thoroughly cooked. It will be dry and golden brown in spots.
- Immediately flip the crepe out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Stack the crepes between squares of waxed paper.
- Continue cooking until all the batter is used up.
- Crepes can be kept warm on a wire rack, placed on a baking sheet, and tucked inside a 250 °F (121 °C) oven.
- Lay a crepe on a dessert plate. Add a good spoonful of Nutella to the flat crepe.
- Roll up crepe into a cigar shape. Press crepe gently to evenly distribute the Nutella filling, if desired.
- Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream sweetened with a bit of sugar and flavored with vanilla or brandy, if desired.
Recipe and Photo: WikiHow