Aren’t these watermelon cupcakes just the cutest things you’ve ever seen? Watermelon just shouts SUMMER, doesn’t it? Summer BBQ’s. Summer Parties.
- White or yellow pre-made cake mix
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Red, yellow and green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Make cake mix according to package directions. Add food coloring to make a pink watermelon color. I used red food coloring with a small amount of yellow.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared cupcake tins about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool completely using your favorite buttercream frosting. Add green food coloring to the frosting.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 319mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo courtesy of: TodaysWorkatHomeMom.com