Loaded with meatballs and topped with fresh mozzarella and basil, these family-friendly Toasted Meatball Subs are ready in 30 minutes, start to finish!
Toasted Meatball Subs
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Loaded with meatballs and topped with fresh mozzarella and basil, these family-friendly subs are ready in 30 minutes, start to finish!
- 1 Pkg Frozen Meatballs
- 2 French Bread Loaves
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Pasta Sauce
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the baguettes in half, and then cut lengthwise. Remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Set halves of bread, soft side facing up, on a baking sheet.
- Spread butter on the bread, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, heat pasta sauce and meatballs on medium heat. Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until heated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool. Spoon warm meatballs and sauce into each sandwich, and top with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 81mgSodium 1314mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 19g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Save-A-Lot