Massive, messy, AND delicious! You will love these pizza steak subs loaded with thinly sliced prime rib, sauteed onions and peppers, and covered in pasta sauce and gooey, melted mozzarella cheese.
- 6-8 oz prime rib, sliced very thin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 4-6 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- 2 hoagie rolls, split in half
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place both halves of your hoagie rolls cut-side up on a small baking dish. Brush with olive oil
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, cook onions, garlic and green pepper in olive oil until soft and fragrant, about 2 min.
- Add prime rib to the skillet and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Scoop meat and onion/pepper mixture onto the bottom half of your hoagie rolls.
- Spoon pasta sauce on top of the meat, and layer slices of mozzarella on top of the pasta sauce.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and beginning to bubble.
- Place the top half of your now toasted roll on top of the cheese/meat, and gently press down so that your sandwich filling oozes part way down the sides.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 2612Total Fat 200gSaturated Fat 78gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 97gCholesterol 585mgSodium 1488mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 163g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Mark Manguerra