Recipe for Thai Cucumber Salad – This is a spicy, refreshing salad that’s perfect served on a hot summer evening with garden-fresh veggies.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2- small jalapeno or thai chili pepper09, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk the first 7 ingredients (lime juice through jalapeno) in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Trim the ends from the cucumber.
- Split lengthwise in half. Slice very thinly.
- Toss into the dressing. Halve the red pepper vertically, core and remove seeds and white membranes. Slice the pepper, horizontally, into very thin strips.
- Add to the dressing and toss. Peel the carrot and trim off ends. Slice diagonally into very thin slices.
- Add to the rest of the salad. Peel the onion and cut in half horizontally. Then slice vertically into very thin strips.
- Add these to the bowl and toss everything together until well mixed.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com