Get out of my way, I’m first in line for these Tequila Shrimp! Jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic, cilantro, and tequila. It’s great over pasta, or enjoy with cocktail sauce.
Get out of my way, I'm first in line for these Tequila Shrimp! Jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic, cilantro, and tequila. It's great over pasta, or enjoy with cocktail sauce.
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 packet Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt - diced tomatoes
- 1 small poblano pepper, in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow or orange bell pepper, in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red onion, in 1/2-inch crescents, about 1 cup
- 3/4 pound extra large (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional, for garnish
- In a 1-gallon re-sealable plastic bag, combine the tequila, orange juice, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, 3-4 grinds pepper. Seal the bag and shale to dissolve the salt. Add the oil and shake again. Add the shrimp to the marinade and re-seal the bag. Massage gently to coat the shrimp with the marinade. Set the bag on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning the bag over twice during that time.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the shrimp and marinade sauce from the bag to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook until the shrimp look pink (approx. 3 minutes). Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent (approx. 3 minutes). Add the tomatoes (with their liquid) and the Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener. Stirring occasionally, cook until the shrimp are done (approx. 5 minutes). To serve, divide Tequila Shrimp among 4 dinner plates. Garnish with the cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.