These Sweet Soy Glazed Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice – are a great mix of salty and sweet and a delicious Asian-inspired twist on classic pork chops.
Sweet Soy Glazed Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice
These Sweet Soy Glazed Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice - are a great mix of salty and sweet and a delicious Asian-inspired twist on classic pork chops.
- 1/2 whole Pineapple, Cut Into Spears And Skewered
- 2 cups White Or Brown Rice, Cooked
- 4 whole Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 1 whole Large Onion, Sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha, Or Other Hot Sauce
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 jar (small) Drained Pimentos
- 1-1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (additional)
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Saute pineapple spears until they have good color on the outside. Slice, then set aside.
- Heat butter and oil over medium high heat, then add the pork chops to the pan. Saute on both sides until they have nice color.
- Add the sliced onions and saute until softened. When the onions are starting to soften, add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, and hot sauce. Shake the pan, stir it around, and let it cook and bubble up for a good couple of minutes until the pork chops are completely cooked and the sauce is thicker.
- Remove the pork chops and let the sauce bubble up and cook for another until reduced. Pour it over the pork chops. Set aside.
- Add a small amount of oil to the same pan (without cleaning it) and return it to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir it around, then crack in the eggs and immediately stir them to scramble them a bit. Add peas, pimentos, and a couple of tablespoons (additional) soy sauce. Add cooked rice and stir it around to cook for a couple of minutes.
- To serve, pile rice on a plate, then top with a pork chops and onions from the sauce. Drizzle a little bit of sauce over the top.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar and Spice