Meyer lemons are just brilliant. The sweet mandarin orange and lemon hybrid is the perfect citrus for just about any dish. It is much more sweet and less tart than a typical lemon.
Spring Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch asparagus
- red onion or shallot
- dried cranberries
- pine nuts, toasted
- blue cheese, goat cheese or feta cheese
- spring mix or any lettuce mix
For the dressing:
- Juice and zest from 1 meyer lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375. Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast until crisp tender, about 10-15 minutes depending in the diameter of the asparagus.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake until well mixed.
- When asparagus has cooled, chop into bite size pieces (about 1-2 inches)and add to a large bowl with remaining salad ingredients. Pour salad dressing over the top and mix to combine.
Recipe adapted from Thefifthtine.com