The Enchiladas are a popular dish in Mexico. They can be filled with a variety of foods and are based on corn tortillas and commonly covers them with sauces. Comida Mexicana – Enchiladas.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion diced
- Tomatillos (peel and boil or grill) or buy prepared Chile Verde
- can green chiles
- 2 pods Garlic or to taste
- 1/2 teas. ground Cuman or to taste
- 14 1/2 ozs enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup Oil (just a little at a time to fry tortillas)
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Queso Cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced (optional if you like it hot)
- 1/2 teas. dried Mexican oregano
- Breasts are cooked, then they crumble and keep warm.
- Fry the tortillas, green chili, garlic, onion and tomatillos, and then liquefy making a thick sauce.
- Once fried tortilla, is soaked in the sauce and placed on the casserole dish and then add the chicken and vegetables with enchilada sauce.
- Wrap chicken enchilada, repeating these actions for the necessary amount. Pour remaining sauce and sprinkle cheese over the enchiladas add oregano and put in the oven to melt cheese about 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Turezeta.com