Our family always has this Southern Veggie Brunch Casserole for dinner, and it’s fondly called ‘brinner’ by our two children.
Southern Veggie Brunch Casserole
Our family always has this Southern Veggie Brunch Casserole for dinner, and it's fondly called 'brinner' by our two children.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1/2 c. green onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- and diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. biscuit baking mix
- 1 doz. eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- In a greased 3-quart casserole dish, layer sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, until set and top is golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Gooseberrypatch.com