Garlic and brown sugar? An unlikely pairing, but boy what a dynamite flavor combination. The mix of sweet and savory in this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken will have your taste buds running wild.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 102mgSodium 392mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 0gSugar 31gProtein 38g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.