Recipe for Sheepherders Breakfast – My sister-in-law always made this delicious breakfast dish when we were camping, it’s a sure hit with the breakfast crowd!
My sister-in-law always made this delicious breakfast dish when we were camping, it’s a sure hit with the breakfast crowd!
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in pan.
- Stir in hash browns. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until bottom is golden brown; turn potatoes. With the back of a spoon, make eight evenly spaced wells in the potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on low for 10 minutes or until eggs are set and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: TasteofHome.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com