Recipe for Sesame Asian Noodles – I added shrimp but you can omit it and then it’s vegan. This is good hot or cold, dinner or a side dish with a picnic.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or 3 tablespoons soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 package of angel hair or thin spaghetti of your choice
- 7-10 cooked frozen shrimp (optional)
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package and while that is cooking start the sauce.
- Add the red pepper and sesame seeds to a pan with no oil over medium heat. Stir this constantly to make sure it is not burning but the seeds get a brown tint on the ends. This only takes a few minutes.
- Once it is evenly toasted, add the sesame oil, Bragg’s, and almond butter to the pan and bring this to a boil.
- bragg's liquid aminos, almond butter, sesame oil
- If you are going to add shrimp this is where I tossed in 7-10 frozen but cooked shrimp and let them cook with the sauce to soak up the flavor.
- Let this boil for 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat and simply stir in with the noodles.
- Once it is all mixed thoroughly, add the chopped green onions and enjoy! If you would like to serve it chilled simply put it in the fridge for an hour in a covered dish.
Recipe and Photo: PaleoVeganblog.wordpress.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com