This Salisbury Steak recipe has been in my family for years. It’s easy to cook, but tastes like it took hours to make! I usually make enough extra sauce to pour over mashed potatoes. YUM!
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 "steak" with gravy
Amount Per Serving Calories 486Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 152mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 41g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com