With this recipe for Oven Baked Cajun Pork Steaks you can make this tender and flavor packed Midwest BBQ favorite any time of year!
- 4-6 pork steaks
For the BBQ Sauce (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle Pork steaks a little of the Cajun Seasoning to taste in 13×9-inch pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients, and the rest of the Cajun Seasoning together well, and pour over steaks.
- Bake for about an hour or until the Pork Steaks are fork tender. Serve with baked potato and other sides of your own choice.
1. If you do not wish to make the sauce, just use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce, and kick it up with some Cajun seasoning.
2. You can use store bought Cajun seasoning, or you can make your own. To make Cajun seasoning, check right under this recipe!
3. If you can not find pork steaks in your market, just ask the butcher for sliced pork shoulder. It is practically the same thing.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 pork steak
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 161mgSodium 895mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 0gSugar 19gProtein 44g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
To make your own Cajun seasoning, combine the following:
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon white pepper (or 2 use tablespoons black pepper)
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
5 tablespoons paprika
4-5 tablespoons seasoning salt