This One Pot Chicken Vesuvio is a classic Chicago restaurant dish: crisp-skinned chicken and deeply browned potatoes in a potent garlic and white wine sauce, just without all the hassle.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lb new potatoes, halved
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in large ovenproof pot over high heat. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Working in 2 batches if necessary, cook chicken in the pot until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Carefully add potatoes to the same pot and cook until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add broth, oregano, and thyme. Return the chicken to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter. Arrange potatoes around the chicken. Add artichoke hearts to the sauce in the pot. Cover and simmer over high heat until the artichokes are tender, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Turn heat to low. Stir in butter. Pour the sauce over chicken and potatoes and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 762Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 181mgSodium 513mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 8gSugar 3gProtein 65g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.