A fork-tender beef roast that cooks right alongside it’s own sidedish, all in one pan! This One-Pan Oven Roast with Vegetables is comfort food at its very best. It takes just a few minutes to pull this meal together. The perfect meal for any busy week night.
- 2 pounds beef roast
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound button mushroom, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on each side of the roast.
- Arrange vegetables in a roasting pan. Pour beef broth over vegetables. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Place seasoned roast on a roasting rack and put the rack on top of the roasting pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the roast's internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove from the oven, loosely cover the roast with foil and let it stand for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with vegetables.
This recipe will give you a roast that is medium-rare. If you’d like your beef to be medium, cook for an 10-15 more minutes, or until the meat temperature reaches 160°F.
For larger roasts: add 30 minutes of baking time to each pound of your roast.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 530Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 181mgSodium 510mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 49g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.