Just an old family recipe for an Old Fashioned Coleslaw that I have been told is reminiscent of KFC coleslaw. You be the judge!
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A sprinkling of poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine the coleslaw and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice; mix until smooth. Pour mixture over the coleslaw and onion; stir well and chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 8mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 1g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking