When I make these New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes, people just RAVE about them! The crumbled graham crackers sprinkled on top add the flavor of a cheesecake base.
New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
When I make these, people just RAVE about them! The crumbled graham crackers sprinkled on top add the flavor of a cheesecake base.
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 graham crackers, crushed for sprinkling
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cold
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2-12 count cupcake tins with liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tablespoons sugar, and melted butter with a fork until most and crumbly.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into each cupcake liner. Using a small glass, tamp down crumbs to form a crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended.
- Pour 1/3 cup filling into each prepared liner. Bake 45-60 minutes or until cheese cake is set. Cool to room temperature then top each cheesecake with 1-2 tablespoons of cherry filling.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve immediately. Store remaining cheesecakes in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roughly break up the graham crackers and put them in a food processor. Process until finely ground.
- When the cupcakes are cold, spoon the cream cheese frosting on top and finish with a sprinkling of ground graham crackers.
- Beat the confectioners’ sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy — this should take at least five minutes. However, be careful not to overbeat as the frosting can quickly become runny.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 51mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe adapted from: Tablespoon.com
Photo courtesy of: media.meltyfood.fr