I love these Mashed Potatoes in a Crock Pot because not only were they delicious – they were also so easy to make.
- 5 lbs sierra gold potatoes or red potatoes, diced with peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk, warmed
- Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours.
- Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Keep warm on low until serving.
- Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 348Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 43mgSodium 687mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.