Mango Blisscakes are just what they sound like — a stack of the fluffiest buttermilk pancakes you’ve ever tried, topped with fresh mango, creamy vanilla mascarpone cream and a brown sugar oat crust. Pure heaven.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for griddle
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup granola
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat your non-stick griddle/skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter; whisk to combine. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Test griddle/skillet by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle/skillet, it’s ready. Using a 4-ounce ladle or a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour pancake batter onto your preheated griddle/skillet. The pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles form in the center and the edges become slightly dry; about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for and additional minute or so.
- Meanwhile, whip mascarpone and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and airy.
- To serve, layer pancakes with sweetened mascarpone, diced mango and a sprinkling of granola. Top with additional maple syrup, if desired.
Photo: Bobbi Bowers