Recipe for Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken – Once you try this Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken recipe, chicken will never be the same.
Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken
Once you try this Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken recipe, chicken will never be the same.
- Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon chili sauce
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, or toasted fresh bread crumbs (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- * Recipe is best as designed, but if you need to serve 4 people, double all ingredients.
- Cut chicken breast in half horizontally to make two breasts. Pound the breasts with a meat mallet to ¼” thickness. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Combine egg white, coconut milk, and chili sauce in a large flat bowl or casserole dish. Whisk until smooth.
- Put both breasts in the mixture, turning to coat completely
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil
- Put nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop, allowing a few larger pieces
- In another large flat bowl, combine bread crumbs and nuts
- Remove the chicken from the mixture, dripping off excess
- Place into bowl with nuts and crumbs. Press nut mixture to the chicken, coating well.
- Heat a 10 or 12-inch skillet with oil on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add both chicken breasts to skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn over chicken with tongs and cook another minute. Watch carefully, since the nuts can burn easily.
- Transfer chicken to the foil-lined pan. Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes to finish cooking.
Fresh bread crumbs allow for a coarser texture and taste much better than purchased bread crumbs. Use 4 slices of bread, cut into ½” squares and pulse in the food processor with quick pulses about 10 times. Combine crumbs with 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour crumbs all over a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 300°F, stirring a few times during the bake.