This Layered Picnic Salad usually has something for everyone with all the different components of sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy. It is important however, that all the ingredients are at their prime.
- 1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Layer the ingredients in the order listed into a trifle or other glass bowl reserving some of the bacon if desired to sprinkle on top.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl making sure to taste for seasoning. Spread dressing over entire bowl making sure to cover the entire surface. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Before serving add reserved bacon bits.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 47mgSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 12g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Susikochenundbacken