This succulent Korean Sizzling Beef recipe is based on bulgogi, a classic Korean dish of sliced beef that’s marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic, then grilled.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak, cut across the grain into twenty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 16 scallions
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the soy sauce with the sugar, white wine, chopped garlic, toasted sesame oil and crushed red pepper, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the sliced flank steak and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate the steak for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill or heat a griddle. Rub the scallions all over with vegetable oil and grill them over high heat, turning once, until the scallions are just softened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Working in batches, grill the steak over high heat until the slices are richly browned and medium-rare, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer the steak to a serving platter and serve with the grilled scallions and steamed rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 5 oz. (precooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 112mgSodium 595mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 41g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe adapted from: FoodandWine.com