This succulent Korean Sizzling Beef recipe is based on bulgogi, a classic Korean dish of sliced beef that’s marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic, then grilled.
Korean Sizzling Beef
This succulent recipe is based on bulgogi, a classic Korean dish of sliced beef that’s marinated in soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic, then grilled.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 2 1/2-pound beef flank steak, cut across the grain into twenty 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 16 scallions
- Vegetable oil, for rubbing
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the soy sauce with the sugar, white wine, chopped garlic, toasted sesame oil and crushed red pepper, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the sliced flank steak and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate the steak for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill or heat a griddle. Rub the scallions all over with vegetable oil and grill them over high heat, turning once, until the scallions are just softened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Working in batches, grill the steak over high heat until the slices are richly browned and medium-rare, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer the steak to a serving platter and serve with the grilled scallions and steamed rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield: 8 servings
Calories per serving: 304 kcal
Fat per serving: 16g
Saturated fat per serving: 5g
Carbs per serving: 7g
Protein per serving: 31g
Fiber per serving: 1g
Sugar per serving: 4g
Sodium per serving: 520mg
Cholesterol per serving: 96mg
Recipe adapted from: FoodandWine.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com