I didn’t bake these this time, but simply panfried them. But I think baking would work just as good. Just spray the wonton bites with cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. If you prefer panfrying, heat oil in pan and cook the wonton bites until golden brown. Or of course, you can fry them, too! The choice is yours.
Jalapeno Popper Wonton Bites
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- pinch of smoked paprika (optional)
- 8 square wonton wrappers
- oil/cooking spray
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Combine cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, and paprika in small bowl and mix well.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center of wonton wrapper. Wet all edges of the wrapper using fingertips. (Wet your fingertips with water.) Roll gently and seal.
- For baking; spray the prepared wontons with cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until the wrappers are golden brown.
- For panfrying; heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil and fry the wontons both sides until golden brown.
- For frying; heat oil and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce if desired.