Recipe for Italian Dinner Soup – 2012 Best of the Midwest Recipe Contest for this simple, crowd-pleasing soup. It’s ready in 30 minutes and tastes like you’ve been cooking for hours.
Italian Dinner Soup
2012 Best of the Midwest Recipe Contest for this simple, crowd-pleasing soup. It’s ready in 30 minutes and tastes like you’ve been cooking for hours.
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage links, casings removed (about 4)
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups beef stock or broth
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 9 – ounce package refrigerated ravioli or tortellini
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven combine chicken and beef stock and undrained tomatoes; bring to boiling. Add ravioli and cook 7 minutes.
- Add sausage and return to boiling. Stir in spinach to wilt, then add basil. Divide among soup plates and top with cheese.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Midwestliving.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com