This homemade marble pound cake is a great, dense, made-from-scratch cake that will take care of both your, and your guests’, chocolate and vanilla cravings all at once.
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered malted chocolate milk mix (like Ovaltine)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about five minutes. Slowly add in the flour, and mix to combine. Don't over-mix!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Slowly add into batter and mix just until combined. Remove 1/3 of the batter from the bowl, and put into a separate bowl. Mix in the chocolate milk mix until well combined.
- Place the vanilla batter into a tube pan that's been prepared with baking spray. Spread out evenly in the pan. Place spoonfuls of the chocolate batter all around the top of the vanilla batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate into the vanilla. Tap the pan several times on the counter to distribute batter and eliminate any gaps.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then invert onto serving tray.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 502Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 160mgSodium 317mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 7g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.