How could anyone turn down a delicious cream puff?! Especially ones as good as these! Definitely make these Homemade Cream Puffs for your next get together- everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
CREAM PUFF SHELLS
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softned
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 3 cups powdered sugar, more as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
TO MAKE CREAM PUFF PASTRY:
- In a large pot, bring butter and water to a boil. Remove post from heat and stir in flour and salt, consistently stirring until the mixture firms up and forms a ball. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. With hand or stand mixer, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 17 minutes at 425 degrees F. After 17 minutes, reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 5 to 10 min. Centers should be dry. When finished cooking, let cool completely.
When the shells are cool, make FILLING
- Beat cream cheese, cool whip, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth. When shells are cooled completely, use a pastry bag to pipe filling onto half the shells. Place remaining shell halves on top.
TO MAKE FROSTING
- Melt butter and milk in microwave saft bowl. Add powder sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla. Wisk together and pour into a lage zip lock bag. Cut a small corner off and drizzle chocolate over cream puffs.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 cream puff
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 85mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 0gSugar 35gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.