Recipe for Healthy Sesame Noodles – Whole-wheat pasta bolsters fiber and nutrients in this popular Asian noodle salad.
Healthy Sesame Noodles
Whole-wheat pasta bolsters fiber and nutrients in this popular Asian noodle salad.
- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, or lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided (optional)
- 4 cups snow peas, trimmed and sliced on the bias
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar (or lime juice), crushed red pepper, 1/4 cup scallions and 2 tablespoons cilantro (if using). Add noodles, snow peas and bell pepper; toss to coat.
- To serve, mix in sesame seeds and garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro.