This Hawaiian Grilled Huli Huli Chicken recipe is seriously amazing! It’s the first recipe I always make when I dust off the grill.
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 3/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 lbs) (This makes a TON – I made half a batch) if you use bone in cook longer till no more pink or temp reads 165f degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1 1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 2 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 614Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 249mgSodium 939mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 83g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo and Recipe adapted from: afoodieinutah