You can actually prep this Ham and Swiss Breakfast Casserole the night before, then just pop it into the oven in the morning. Perfect for any holiday or weekend morning where you don’t want to spend a ton of time cooking.
Ham and Swiss Breakfast Casserole
You can actually prep this Ham and Swiss Breakfast Casserole the night before, then just pop it into the oven in the morning. Perfect for any holiday or weekend morning where you don't want to spend a ton of time cooking.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 cups thawed frozen spinach
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz ham, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (if you are going to bake right away). Spray a 9x13 casserole pan with cooking spray or grease with butter. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut or tear the bread into about one inch pieces and toss in the pan. Add vegetables, make sure your frozen spinach is well drained - add it to a double layer of paper towels and wrap it up and squeeze out all the water. Add garlic and ham and toss everything together in the pan. Pour egg mixture over the top, pushing everything down if it floats up. Top with grated cheese. At this point, you can cover the casserole with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight if desired.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking an additional 15 to 30 minutes until casserole is set and golden brown. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe and Photo: Homemade by Holman