Here is a super simple recipe that helps you to turn four everyday ingredients into an extraordinary appetizer. These Grilled Bacon Chicken Skewers are a must try at any barbecue.
- 15 bamboo skewers (6 inch)
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 4 large green onions
- 1 package (2.1 oz) refrigerated fully cooked bacon (15 pieces)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise to make 10 (about 1-inch) pieces. Cut onions into 2-inch pieces (30 pieces total). Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Push 1 skewer through end of 1 bacon piece, then through middle of 1 chicken piece and back through other end of bacon piece; add 2 onion pieces, then repeat with another bacon piece and chicken piece. Place on large plate or tray. Repeat to make remaining kabobs.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with half of the barbecue sauce. Cover; cook 5 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with remaining sauce. Cover; cook about 1 minute longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce for dipping.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 skewer
Amount Per Serving Calories 69Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 23mgSodium 154mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Betty Crocker