I’m not sure where Funeral Potatoes get their name, but they sure are tasty! And they don’t have to be served at funerals either.
I'm not sure where Funeral Potatoes get their name, but they sure are tasty! And they don't have to be served at funerals either.
- 32 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine melted
- Grease 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl combine soups, sour cream, cheese, onions, and the 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Gently fold hash browns into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and the 2 Tbs. of melted butter and sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
You can use cubed potatoes instead of hash browns but you will need to increase baking time to 55 minutes.
Photo: Mark Manguerra