WOW…We just had this French Toast with Coconut Syrup for breakfast and it was unbelievable! Super quick and easy to make, but tasted a million times better than breakfast at a restaurant!
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. flour
- 1 lg. loaf French bread, sliced thick (about 12-13 slices)
- 1/2 c. butter or coconut oil
- ¾ c. buttermilk
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- In blender, combine all ingredients except bread. Blend until mixture is lump-free. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Quickly dip both sides of bread in mixture and place on greased, hot skillet (heated to 325 degrees). Flip over when browned. Serve with hot Coconut Syrup.
- Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and extract, stirring constantly. It will bubble up, so if your pot is small, hold it over the sink to avoid spillage. Continue to stir syrup and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Serve over almost any breakfast food: waffles, pancakes, French toast, crepes, etc.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice, with syrup
Amount Per Serving Calories 297Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 85mgSodium 461mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 8g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: CookingAlamode.blogspot.com