I love stuffed mushrooms in any form and am always thinking of fun little variations. Stuffing these with French onion soup gave them this extra little kick up the flavor ladder.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 whole Large Onions, Halved And Sliced Thin
- 1/4 cup Beef Broth
- 7 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- Splash Of Red Or White Wine
- 1/2 cup Grated Gruyere Cheese (can Use Swiss)
- Kosher Salt
- 24 whole White Or Crimini Mushrooms, Washed And Stems Removed
- Minced Parsley
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
- Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed onions, then sprinkle Gruyere over the top. Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. Turn on broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the top of the Gruyere starts to bubble and slightly turn brown.
- Sprinkle minced parsley over the top and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Tastebook