Recipe for Egg Ham and Spinach Hashbrown Casserole – Let us not forget, though, the mighty breakfast casserole! So many things you can add, and all delicious.
Egg Ham and Spinach Hashbrown Casserole
Let us not forget, though, the mighty breakfast casserole! So many things you can add, and all delicious.
- 3 large russet potatoes (or frozen hash browns)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 – 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 c. diced ham
- 1/2 bag (6 – 7 oz.) fresh spinach
- 1 c. shredded colby jack cheese (or the shredded cheese of your choice)
- 4 – 5 large eggs
- 1 c. milk or cream
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 360° F.
- If using frozen hash browns, cook according to package instructions. If using fresh potatoes, peel, wash, and grate potatoes. Add olive oil to a large skillet over med-high heat. Place grated potatoes in an even layer in skillet. Cook until browned on one side, then flip and cook on the remaining side until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Place hashbrowns in a sprayed 3 quart, rectangle baking dish. Return skillet to heat.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add onion and garlic, and saute for 3 minutes. Add spinach and ham, and continue cooking until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle half the cheese on top of the hashbrowns. On top of that, spread the onion spinach mixture in an even layer, then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk (or cream) together. Season with salt and pepper, then slowly pour the egg mixture over the casserole so that everything is evenly covered.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown, and the egg is completely cooked. Let cool 5 – 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Recipe and Photo: The Joyful Kitchen