Recipe for Edamame Hummus – This hummus recipe is so easy, and good for you…that you just might over do it!
This hummus recipe is so easy, and good for you…that you just might over do it!
- 1 cup frozen, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 (6-inch) pitas, cut into 8 wedges
- Combine soybeans and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine soybeans, oil, juice, salt, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a food processor; process until smooth. Add parsley, and process until blended. Serve with pita wedges.