Recipe for Deli Style Taco Salad – The chili is cooked in the crockpot and the rest of the taco salad just takes a few minutes to create so it’s pretty easy!
- 1 pound of ground turkey meat
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed in a colander
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 1 can or 2 cups of whole peeled tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- fresh salad of your choice, lettuce, spinach, whatever you’re in the mood for
- whole grain tortilla chips
- salsa of your choice
- (optional) sour cream or non-dairy sour cream & cheese for topping
- Cook your turkey meat on the stove in a skillet until brown. While that is cooking, add the beans, tomato paste, garlic, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes to your crockpot and stir it up. Make sure everything is chopped into smaller than bite size pieces to create a good chili consistency. Add the spices and some salt and pepper and let that cook on low for 4-6 hours or until you’re ready to eat.
- Once it’s dinner time, grab a plate and load it up with your salad base, lettuce or spinach. Spoon about a cup of the chili into the center of the salad. Make a ring of salsa around the chili. And a ring of chips around the edge of the plate. Then if you would like, top with a dollop of sour cream topping and grated cheese if you so desire.
Recipe and Photo: Paleo Vs. Vegan
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com