This Copycat Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake has a very pronounced lemony flavor, super moist, fluffy yet dense, almost bread pudding-like consistency with a delicious white lemony glaze.
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake
This cake has a very pronounced lemony flavor, super moist, fluffy yet dense, almost bread pudding-like consistency with a delicious white lemony glaze.
- 4 lemons
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups superfine sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Zest the (clean) lemons – only the yellow stuff, not the white bitter pith.
- Chop the top and bottom of the lemons to revel the flesh of the lemons and continue with carefully removing the rest of the pith.
- Cut the naked lemons to small Cubes and remove seeds and put in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and the zest, cover and let it sit.
- Add to a bowl the Baking soda, flour and salt, mix and let is sit.
- In a mixer – mix the butter and sugar for few minutes until well blend. Start adding the eggs one by one slowly.
- Gently mix the rest of the ingredients, lemon juice and lemon cubes.
- Grease a 16-cup tube pan. Transfer the mix to the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and test, bake longer if necessary.
- Take out of pan and let cool down.
- Juice the remaining 2 lemons. In a small bowl, slowly add the powdered sugar to the and stir until smooth. It should look thick but pour-able.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let it harden.
Photo: Bro My God