When I first saw the recipe that inspired this it had a lot fewer ingredients and was intended as a snack. I stepped it up a few notches and made it a breakfast feast!
- 5 eggs (go for cage free, vegetarian fed – no beak-less chickens here!)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 16 oz refrigerated breakfast biscuits (I used the Pillsbury flakey kind)
- 4 scallions (green onions, spring onions, whatever you prefer to call them)
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- If you’re into the meats – cooked center cut bacon, cooked sausage or breakfast ham
- 11×17 pan, sprayed with cooking spray (Note: I think a 9×13 works better, but might need to bake a little longer)
- One grandpa to entertain your kiddo (or wish this)
- Mix your eggs and milk in a large bowl. Cut each biscuit (I’m all about scissors in the kitchen) into fours and add it to the bowl. I like to do this before I cook the bacon or cut up the scallions – give the biscuits some time to really soak in the eggs.
- Cut up your scallions, shred your cheese, cook and break up your bacon (or sausage). Add everything to the bowl. Re: the cheese – my home economist mother tells me that pre-shredded cheese is coated with something or other to keep it from clumping. A. Gross, B. If you shred it yourself it will melt better.
- Mix it all up and pour into your pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes (make sure it isn’t runny – mine this morning took 28 mins).
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: RockingLion.wordpress.com
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com