These Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream almost don’t need words. Just read the name and look at the pictures. You really can’t go wrong with chocolate and caramel.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
These cupcakes almost don't need words. Just read the name and look at the pictures. You really can't go wrong with chocolate and caramel.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs; lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 sticks butter; room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup caramel syrup
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 24 rolos
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line (2) 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, water and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch.
- Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.
- Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer. Add the vanilla extract, salt and caramel syrup and combine well.
- Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel syrup. For thicker frosting you can gradually add in a little more sugar.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking