Are you ready for the easiest cookie recipe ever? These Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are it! I love the way it practically dissolves in your mouth when you take a bite.
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups of superfine sugar
- 6 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt, cream of tartar and vanilla, and beat mixture again until it holds soft peaks.
- Add the sugar, gradually, beating the batter until it is stiff.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets (or pipe the batter if you want). Bake for 1 hour, rotating the pans half way through cooking. After 1 hour, turn off the oven. Let the meringues sit in the oven for 1 - 2 hours.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 146Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 32mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking