Are you ready for the easiest cookie recipe ever? These Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are it! I love the way it practically dissolves in your mouth when you take a bite.
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
Are you ready for the easiest cookie recipe ever? This is it! I love the way it practically dissolves in your mouth when you take a bite.
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups of superfine sugar
- 6 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt, cream of tartar and vanilla, and beat mixture again until it holds soft peaks.
- Add the sugar, gradually, beating the batter until it is stiff.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets (or pipe the batter if you want). Bake for 1 hour, rotating the pans half way through cooking. After 1 hour, turn off the oven. Let the meringues sit in the oven for 1 - 2 hours.
Recipe and Photo: Sugar Cooking