These spicy Chili and Beer Barbecue Pork Ribs are meltingly tender on the inside and crisp on the out. Easy to make and one of my favorite Summer finger foods.
For the Chili and Beer Barbecue Pork Ribs
- 1 (500g / 1lb) rack of pork ribs
- 1 cup light beer
For the Chili Spice Rub:
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground smoky paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground dried garlic
- ½ tsp ground chili (or more, to taste)
For the Barbecue Glaze:
- ⅛ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ cup Barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
To prepare the ribs:
- Wash ribs under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place rack of ribs in a roasting dish.
To make the Chili Spice Rub:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and rub into both sides of the ribs.
- Place ribs in the fridge, uncovered, and allow flavors to infuse for around 2 hours.
To bake the Ribs:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Pour beer into the baking dish, under the ribs.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes on the middle shelf.
To make and apply the Barbecue Glaze:
- Mix all Glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove ribs from the oven and discard foil. Preheat your outdoor barbecue.
- Baste the ribs generously with the Glaze and grill for another 5 minutes per side.
- Remove ribs from the barbecue. Allow to rest for a few minutes and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 8 oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 19mgSodium 440mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Jessica Spengler