These Chicken and Bacon Mini Taquitos are delectable appetizers that take a little bit of work, but are so worth it. Served with a tasty avocado sauce, they’ll disappear as soon as they come out of the pan!
- 1/3 of a 16-ounce package bacon (about 6 slices), chopped
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (12.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cut up
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- dash Dried dill weed
- dash Garlic powder
- dash Ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Stir the bacon, cream cheese and chicken in a medium bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 3 (3-inch) circles using a round cutter. Spoon about 2 teaspoons chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla round. Roll the tortillas around the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Pour the oil into a heavy 4-quart saucepan to a depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil to 350°F.
- Add the taquitos to the saucepan in batches and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the taquitos from the saucepan and let drain on paper towels. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, vinegar, salt, parsley, onion powder, dill weed, garlic powder and black pepper. Serve with the taquitos for dipping.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 3 taquitos
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 53mgSodium 687mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 17g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Cooking with Alana